Our Curated Books - Condition Definitions
The curating cornerstone of Domestic Bliss Lifestyle Books and Essentials is discovering and purchasing the most sought-after, inspirational, educational, entertaining, rare and collectable lifestyle books in the best condition possible.
The condition of our current inventory of books meets the following standards.
New - A brand-new copy
- The copy has no markings of any kind on the cover, pages, dust jacket.
- The copy is not marked as "Bargain" or "Remainder (a black marker slash on the fore-edge which denotes that the copy had been returned to the publisher as unsold)" or with any other labels attached.
Used Like New
- The copy has very few minor cosmetic defects (marks, wear, cuts, bends, or crushes) on the cover, spine, pages, or dust jacket.
- Appears as unread. Pages are crisp and clean.
- Dust jacket, if applicable, is also in Used Like New condition.
- Remainder marks are acceptable.
Used Very Good
- The copy has been read.
- Pages are intact and are not marred by notes, highlighting, food or water stains unless specifically noted in the book description.
- A previous owner's name can be neatly inscribed on the pastedown.
- Bookplates and labels are acceptable.
- Ex-library books are acceptable and noted in the book description.
- The copy may have minor cosmetic defects (marks, wear, cuts, bends, or crushes) on the cover, spine, pages, and/or minor handling/shelf wear along the edges and corners of covers.
- The spine is undamaged, and the binding is tight.
- Dust jacket or boxed set case can be missing.
- Dust jacket in may have a few minor edge tears, some minor edge wear, or minor defects on the covers.
Used Good The copy is rare, out of print, vintage, antiquarian or highly collectable.
- The copy and/or dust jacket clearly shows it is a well-used book with many and various imperfections.
- The spine may show signs of wear, be cocked or has loose binding.
- Dust jacket may be torn or disintegrating.
- Pages may include notes, highlighting, food or water stains that do not obscure the text.
- The copy may include "From the library of", bookplates, labels, previous owner’s name.